? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Monday, February 9, 2009

Catching Up...

We arrived safely back home last night from an awesome District Convention in South Georgia. The power and presence of the Lord during the convention was so encouraging and blessed everyone! The services, the meal, the fellowship was all great!! We were also blessed to stay in the home of Sis. Sarah White. Her hospitality was over-the-top! She insisted on cooking huge meals and she even got up early one morning (without me knowing it) to go to the store to get some half-and-half for my coffee. What a gracious hostess! She is such a blessing...a kind, gentle spirit. Friday night she and I stayed up late to work on a children's church project for the convention. I don't know how many "hearts" we traced and cut out...but we laughed, exchanged stories and simply enjoyed the fellowship.

On Sunday morning my husband was scheduled to preach at Cedar Crossings...another great service! After church, the Kramers, the pastor's family took us out to eat. It was Sis. Kramer's birthday. More wonderful fellowship! There is nothing like the family of God!!! We usually schedule a visit at one of the churches for Sunday night. But we needed to get back earlier to be able to be at Sis. Louverne's funeral on Monday. She is one of my dearest friends' mother...Carol Frizzell. Carol and I have always had a special bond. She is more like a sister to me. We go back many, many years. And although we are unable to be together a lot, it's always as though we are together daily. We have talked, laughed and cried together over many, many circumstances over the years. I love her dearly! Years and years ago, before Daniel and Stephanie were born...when we were MUCH younger...we were able to hang out a lot. They would come by in the evenings several times during the week...we did almost everything together. I guess those times built the relationship we have now...we don't HAVE to be together to have that special bond. Anyway...I am sooo glad I will be able to be with her on the day her mother is buried. I want to share her hurt...she has carried a many for me. "Special friends"...like Carol and I...are "special" gifts from the Lord...Thank You Lord for my "special" friend.

After the funeral I plan to go and visit with Bradley. I haven't been able to go as frequently here lately...so I wanna spend some time with him. He loves company! I am going with a purpose. He loves to hear about his friends in the church and what's going on. I will say to him.."Bradley, do you want me to stop talking awhile?" He ALWAYS says no...he wants to hear all he can. Anyway...my husband got last year's General Assembly minutes this past week-end. While I was glancing through it...I saw something that I knew would bless Bradley. It was recorded this way, during the VLB program. 7:33 p.m., Sat. evening - "Comments by Sister Griffin: Sister Griffin greeted Brad Moore via Internet and the congregation stood and shouted, "We love you, Brad!" Brad was in a tragic accident two years ago and has come back from the brink of death. He's made amazing progress and the doctors say he understands 100% of what he hears. The congregation stood as Brother Rob Hawkins led the congregation in a special prayer for Brad." I can hardly wait to read this to him...I can see his infamous smile now...

Well...this kinda catches me up...so I'm gonna sign off here...Have a blessed, wonderful day in the Lord!!!


1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Glad you made it back safe and that you had good services this weekend. God is SO GOOD!!!