? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Monday, February 2, 2009

She's Back...

Tam and Morgan have sorta been after me for awhile to begin posting...again. Sooo...I'm back! (Facebook too...but we'll see.) I have always enjoyed the positive aspect of blogging...receiving good, encouraging news and staying abreast with what's going on in your life. I can't say that I will post daily so that you can know what's going on with the "Campbell Clan"...but I will try to be somewhat attentive.
Let's see...where do I begin..since my last blog? I believe I would like to share some of the valuable lessons I have learned since you heard from my corner of the world last...I mean REALLY learned. My prayer is that this will help someone as we pass through this temporal life to the eternal:
  • Love covers a multitude... of hurts and disappointments from people, life and circumstances. In all of these we have a choice. Hurts and disappointments can make you one of two things. Bitter or better! And there is only one little letter that makes the difference in these two words... "i". If we choose to be consumed with how "I" am being affected it is so easy to become bitter. I choose to be better from it all..rather than bitter.
  • My pastor in my earlier "learning and growing" years always had a profound saying..."God holds the record." The words were so true, yet experiences in life help you learn the validaty of them. We all want people to be pleased and happy with us. But pleasing God and having HIM happy with us is what matters. You can never please everyone...but you can please the one who holds the record of motives, intents and thoughts of the heart.
  • Never take for granted the time given with the ones you love. Life is too short to sweat the small (and sometimes the big) things. No matter how disappointed, no matter how frustrated circumstances may make us...it really doesn't matter. There are actually two points here...what really matters is realizing that you may not have that loved one with you "tomorrow" and nothing matters but being pleasing in the sight of our Lord!
  • Realize the joy and blessing in the simple things of life...

There is more I could perhaps write here, but instead I want to take the space to praise my Lord for the lessons...hard, heart-wrenching lessons. I want to thank and praise Him for His amazing grace and mercy. And, I want to sing...More than ever before, Lord, I love you. More than ever before, Lord, I need you. And I will try to live me life, so that it says it too...Lord, I love you, more than ever before!

Moving on...I really enjoyed being able to be at the Super Bowl Saturday this weekend and seeing a lot of Tennessee saints. As well, I enjoyed sitting on the same pew with my family at Antioch Sunday. Some of us sat on the same pew...others sat around us...but all of us were there..except Rick who had a commitment he had to see to. Next weekend we will be back in the region for the South Georgia District Convention. I just know God is gonna bless...He is so Faithful! My husband and I working together for the Lord is my very breath and heartbeat. Along with family, isn't that what matters?

A dear friend, Sis. Jewel White, went to be with Jesus and the love of her life, Bro. White this weekend. I will miss her, but I am sooo happy for her. My husband said it best..."her heart went with Bro. White when he left this life...her body just now caught up to that departure." Her life was devoted to her husband and their work together in the ministry. Never more will they be parted...congratulations, Jewel!

I guess I'll sign off here with this "first time back" blog. It feels good to be back on the blogging scene...hope to hear from "you"!

5 comments:

Tam said...

YAH!!!! GREAT first blog back....really great! Get that facebook going now. It's so cool to hook up with so many people. Jeff Jones sent me a friend request this morning. How cool is that? You never know who you might meet up with. It's fun and will be very encouraging!!!
I love you, momma, with ALL my heart. God is good. We have through alot but OUR GOD is faithful and we're still standing. Praise His Holy Name!!!!!

Tam said...

Oh and btw...your page looks amazing!

The Guy said...

Hi Viv!

Erika gave me your blog link, so now I can stalk you too..haha.

I'm glad to hear all is well with you! Next time you're up my way, you'd better give me call!!!

Much Love,
Brandon

Vic said...

Preach it sista...You need a paypal account for offerings!!!!!!! lol!!

Vicki Smith said...

YAY!!!! You're BACK!! I'm so happy you came back to Blogland. I look forward to more "sermons." ;-) Excellent post. I could hear your voice and see your sincere expressions as I read it. Just be YOU, and share yourself with the rest of us. I love you lots and lots!