? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Whatcha Think?

For those who are on Facebook, I'm sure you have noticed that my husband and I and Lady (our little dog) are "trying" to walk to help with our over-all health...like loose some weight!!! I believe if we can do it at least 5 days a week...skipping week-ends...it will benefit us. It's not easy for me...never have been an exercise person. BUT...if it helps...I believe I should try to be consistent. You see...it's like this. I am border-line diabetic. My blood sugar level went over 200 last year. The Dr. gave me an opportunity to get it down by loosing some weight and staying away from sugar and carbs. I did it...that is lost weight and brought it down. My A1C - the test that is done to determine whether or not you need to go on meds - went from 9.8 to 6.9. As long as it stays below 7...no meds! I haven't been back to the Dr., but just know it's back up due to poor eating habits and no exercise. Well...I don't want to go on meds soooo it's up to me to get back to good eating habits and exercise. I can pray all day long and ask God to heal me...BUT...if I do not do my part and take care of my body why should I ask God to heal me. It's kinda like this to me...if you have a problem or temptation in any area...STAY AWAY FROM IT! Why would you subject yourself to an area which is a weakness...and then keep asking the Lord to help you with it!!! Now..temptations come anyway...but we should never deliberately put ourselves in a position to be tempted! Same thing with this diabetes thing...can't ask God to heal me if I choose to gorge myself with foods that's gonna bring my sugar up. And if exercising, like walking, helps my over-all health...it's a given...that's what I should do! Let me know what you think!!

Gotta go now...gotta go walk!!!!

3 comments:

Tam said...

You know I agree 100%. There are many ways we can abuse our bodies other than things such as smoking and drinking. We can pray all day long, but if there is something on our part that can be done, we should do it. The Bible clearly says that we are the temple of the Holy Ghost....Amen, Sis. Tammy...preach it! hahaha!

Now, if you will turn in your blue books to page....hahahahahaha!!!!

I'm very proud of you and daddy (and Lady). Keep up your part and God will always keep up His.

Momma Tammi said...

Walking is an excellent way to accomplish your goal. I did the same thing last spring to bring my cholesterol and blood pressure back down. Because of our weather, I am back to using the excercise bike for the four miles that I was walking 5 days a week. It also gives you more energy and with all that ya'll have to do...you are going to need all that extra energy. I wish you the best in getting it down and keeping it down.

ToughLady said...

I agree with you Sis.Campbell, if we can't stay away from temptation thenwe shouldn't ask God to heal us so Amen Sister....