? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Reflections....

I posted on my first blog that I would try to be attentive...so here goes day number two!

When a loved one or friend leaves this life doesn't it bring to mind the reality of just how frail, fragile, and quick this life is? I believe the scripture says its but a vapor. How true! Of course, Sis. White's death has brought this to mind to all of us (or at least some of us) who knew her. As well, my mind reflects on the fun times my husband and I had with her and Bro. White. I knew "of" Bro. and Sis. White back in the COGOP. But when they renewed their covenant at Antioch a new friendship began to blossom. After they moved back to Cleveland we always stayed with them while teaching in BTI and during conventions. Every night we would say "we CAN"T stay up so late tonight...but guess what..we did..snacking on crackers and cheese! The back bedroom...straight down the hall..on Key Street was "ours." We visited back and forth, took trips together to Texas to see Tim and Ondra...talked way into the night (who woulda thought it of Bro. Campbell or Bro. White..Hehe). I remember one time they were visiting during Easter and we went to Tam's to fill goody bags for the kids at church. Sister White was right in there to help...as she always was. For several Easter's, Tim and Ondra would come up from Texas and stay at Tam's. And Bro. White and Jewel stayed with us (when they lived out of town). We would grill out at the house or at the park and have an Easter egg hunt for the kids. I remember one year it was cold and raining so we hid the eggs in the house. (Fun times!) After Bro. White's health began to fail, whenever we were together we would all take walks and talk...the Dr. wanted him to walk. We walked around the neighborhood and one time even at the mall. I think there was more talking than walking done. We are gonna miss them so much. There is a song that says, "I Can Only Imagine"...and truly that's how I feel...I can only imagine the joy and happiness they are experiencing! (Thanks for letting me walk down memory lane a little and reflect back on two good friends.)

After the funeral we will be preparing for the trip to South Georgia. Another Sis. White...Sis. Sarah White...precious lady...has invited us to stay with her in her home while we are there. Isn't it wonderful to have awesome church family that opens up their heart and home to you! I love it!!! Nothing like The Church of God Family!!!!

As many of you know, Morgan and Tam have gotten me started on blogging and on Facebook. I must say I am enjoying hearing from friends from a distance away. Thanks Tam and Mo...I see what you mean..and yes...you told me so!

Better run...have a few things to do before going to the funeral home.

Have a blessed, and wonderful day!

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Sis. Campbell, I happened to find your blog from another link, so thought that I would stop in and say hello. I appreciate all that you shared in both posts.

God be with you...Tammi Adams, WA

Vicki Smith said...

It's SO NICE to have a fresh blogger out there. Thank you again for coming back.
I won't be able to come to the funeral today, but my husband is coming. It's my WMB Service tonight and besides not having my service ready (or STARTED!), I can't take a chance of not making it back in time. I would have loved to pay my respects to Sister White--I have an especially fond memory of her at a Ladies' Retreat in South Dakota 20+ years ago. It always makes me laugh! And I would have loved to see everyone. But I'll have to settle for seeing some of the folks this weekend at District Convention.